Saturday, June 30, 2012

Times for No Time

Myrtle Beach, SC
Well, we are on our annual family vacation.  In fact, we only have a few more days left before we head back home to reality.  We love our family vacations and try to enjoy every moment.  A few years ago, I made a decision to take both of my weeks of vacation back to back.  We have really enjoyed the two week span.  For me, it takes almost the first whole week to unwind.  I guess that is good for me and the family as a whole.  This year we started our vacation by spending a few days in Nashville, TN.  It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed our sightseeing there.  Next we drove to Myrtle Beach, SC.  We had been there a few years ago and really enjoyed the area.  We usually like spending time in the mountains and that will always be our favorite, but we also have enjoyed spending time on the beach.  It is so relaxing in the late afternoon listening to the waves crash on the shore and watching the kids play in the water and sand.  We are ending our vacation time by stopping in Sevierville, TN.  It is the area close to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and is in the Smoky Mountains.  It has been a lot of fun.
Sunset at Myrtle Beach, SC

I remember the morning when we were leaving the house.  I went into our bedroom to look one more time to make sure I hadn't left anything behind.  Then I saw it.  It was sitting on my dresser and I stopped and pondered if I would take it or not.  I actually looked at it and reasoned if I should take it or even if I would actually need it.  Sure I would need it.  I have it with me everyday.  I use it more than I ever can count during the day.  It is probably one of my most helpful items in my life.   But what would I do without it?  Can I actually leave it behind?  As I looked at it, I made the decision not to take it.  What was it?  It was my watch.  I can't remember when or if I have ever gone two weeks without wearing this item on my wrist to make sure I was "on time" or to see "what time it was".  But I had made my decision.  On vacation, I was going to make it my ambition and go live in a "Time for No Time".  Oh, there were moments when we needed to know what time to be at a show or when something was going to begin but for the most part, time hasn't been an issue.  When someone would ask, "What time is it?".  My response in my mind would be, "Who cares?"  We really haven't had any schedules and really haven't had the need for a watch.  It really has felt pretty good.
Ice Cream Snack



I know that in a few days, I will go to my dresser and put the watch back on my wrist.  In that moment, I will begin looking at it each day numerous times to make sure I am on time and I am where I need to be when I need to be there.  But for now and the next few days of vacation, I am going to live in a "Time For No Time."  Loving my family and loving our time together on our 2012 Family Vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Times for No Time

Myrtle Beach, SC
Well, we are on our annual family vacation.  In fact, we only have a few more days left before we head back home to reality.  We love our family vacations and try to enjoy every moment.  A few years ago, I made a decision to take both of my weeks of vacation back to back.  We have really enjoyed the two week span.  For me, it takes almost the first whole week to unwind.  I guess that is good for me and the family as a whole.  This year we started our vacation by spending a few days in Nashville, TN.  It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed our sightseeing there.  Next we drove to Myrtle Beach, SC.  We had been there a few years ago and really enjoyed the area.  We usually like spending time in the mountains and that will always be our favorite, but we also have enjoyed spending time on the beach.  It is so relaxing in the late afternoon listening to the waves crash on the shore and watching the kids play in the water and sand.  We are ending our vacation time by stopping in Sevierville, TN.  It is the area close to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and is in the Smoky Mountains.  It has been a lot of fun.
Sunset at Myrtle Beach, SC

I remember the morning when we were leaving the house.  I went into our bedroom to look one more time to make sure I hadn't left anything behind.  Then I saw it.  It was sitting on my dresser and I stopped and pondered if I would take it or not.  I actually looked at it and reasoned if I should take it or even if I would actually need it.  Sure I would need it.  I have it with me everyday.  I use it more than I ever can count during the day.  It is probably one of my most helpful items in my life.   But what would I do without it?  Can I actually leave it behind?  As I looked at it, I made the decision not to take it.  What was it?  It was my watch.  I can't remember when or if I have ever gone two weeks without wearing this item on my wrist to make sure I was "on time" or to see "what time it was".  But I had made my decision.  On vacation, I was going to make it my ambition and go live in a "Time for No Time".  Oh, there were moments when we needed to know what time to be at a show or when something was going to begin but for the most part, time hasn't been an issue.  When someone would ask, "What time is it?".  My response in my mind would be, "Who cares?"  We really haven't had any schedules and really haven't had the need for a watch.  It really has felt pretty good.
Ice Cream Snack



I know that in a few days, I will go to my dresser and put the watch back on my wrist.  In that moment, I will begin looking at it each day numerous times to make sure I am on time and I am where I need to be when I need to be there.  But for now and the next few days of vacation, I am going to live in a "Time For No Time."  Loving my family and loving our time together on our 2012 Family Vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment